A July trial date has been set for the murder case against former rap mogul Suge Knight.
On Thursday (Apr. 30) Los Angeles Superior Court Ronald Coen said that Knight’s trial will begin July 7 unless a motion is made to continue it for a later date.
Knight pleaded not guilty to murder, attempted murder and hit-and-run charges filed after he struck two men with his pickup outside a Compton fast food joint before driving away back in January, killing one and seriously injuring the other. The hearing was Knight’s first court appearance since Coen ruled earlier this month that prosecutors presented enough evidence for the Death Row Records co-founder to stand trial.
Knight’s attorney Matt Fletcher requested that bail for Knight be reduced from $10 million to $5 million, but Coen refused.
Despite earlier reports, key members of Floyd Mayweather’s “Money Team” told TMZ that Floyd Mayweather will not be posting Suge’s bail. The post also says that Floyd and Suge used to be friends, they have not been close in years.
Knight is due back in court on May 29, when Fletcher will argue for the case’s dismissal.