Warning: Parameter 2 to WPE\Site_Preview::the_posts() expected to be a reference, value given in /home1/waf6ce0adwqa/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
Longtime boyfriend and now ex of Nicki Minaj made his way up to The Breakfast Club this morning, where he talked about the breakup rumors and more. If Nicki hasn’t provided enough clarity on the breakup through her Pinkprint album, SB sure did the trick here. He commendably kept his composure and (for the most part) said nothing bad of his “soul mate,” as he describes her. He did, however, have a few WTF moments that kept me on the edge of my seat. I’ve taken the liberty of listing them below:
- That fur
coatvest: Safaree, honey. I know it’s cold out, but com’on. After listening to Charlemagne call it a “ferret vest,” I remain convinced I’m not the only person that feels this way.
- The long pause: Peep how Safaree hesitates before beginning to answer questions. Fam, were you about to cry?
- Safaree’s Help: According to Safaree he helped Nicki with a lot of her writing. While he doesn’t necessarily discredit her, Safaree does throw a sub about her speech during the 2014 BET Awards. If you forgot, Nicki threw shots (at allegedly Iggy Azalea) for not writing her own raps, but according to SB “everyone gets help.”
- The Breakup: According to Safaree, he walked away—not saying that he broke up with Nicki, but he was the one to walk away. He claims the respect in the relationship was lost. Say what?
- Losing Yourself: It looks like the two feel the same way about this breakup. At the 16 minute mark, Safaree admits to losing a part of himself in the relationship. (He mentions this throughout later parts of the interview as well). Charlemagne reminds SB that Nicki, too, said the same thing in a recent interview with Angie Martinez. I think they should just kiss and make up.
- A Wayne Verse: In typical Charlemagne fashion, he reminds SB of Wayne’s verse in the song “Only.” It goes a little something like this: “I never fucked Nicki and that’s f***ed up,If I did f*** she’d be f***ed up. Whoever is hittin’ ain’t hittin’ it right, cause she actin’ like she need d*** in her life.” Safaree retaliated by saying “it’s just a song. Wayne could say whatever he wants.” BUT, he didn’t exactly defend himself. Hmmm…
- Random: This just in. Safaree is part owner of the Philippe’s restaurant in L.A. 8620 Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, CA—in case you need the address.