You probably saw this one coming. He’s one of the most well known rappers in the business. Just recently, he featured on Pay-Per-View’s “Total Slaughter” and LOST to Hollow Da Don. Yup, our spotlight pick of the week is JOE BUDDEN!
Here are 15 Facts You Should Know About Joe Budden!
1. First things first, if you haven’t see the video of Joe Budden dropping the mic at “Total Slaughter” this weekend, you MUST! Check it out here
2. He’s most known in the mainstream world for this #ThrowbackThursday hit. I will forever associate this song with You Got Served’s finale dance.
3. He was born in Harlem but was raised in Jersey City. He started rapping when he was just a teenager!
4. He’s not afraid to speak his mind. Obviously. His twitter is filled with thoughts from Budden. Just like this one:
These loud ass fucking birds outside my window give 2 fucks that I’m trying to sleep.. They should be too, it’s Sunday ! Smh
— Joe Budden (@JoeBudden) July 13, 2014
5. Budden started abusing drugs when he was young and went to rehab when he was only 17. He’s spoken a lot about his struggle with drugs through his music
6. He even revealed that he relapsed in the summer of 2012. During an interview with Fuse he said that he was high during Summer Jam.
“Definitely saw some other artists backstage that couldn’t barely stand up. But the fans don’t see that. You still have to go out and do your job. You still have to perform. You still have to make a living.”
7. He released his self-titled debut album in 2003. “Pump It Up” was nominated for a Grammy!
8. He is worth $1.5 million dollars! Whaaaaat! Didn’t you hear in the rap? He makes that kind of money by just going to events!
9. Let’s talk about his love life. He’s dated and been seen out with many many girl, including Kat Stacks, Gloria Velez, Tahiry, Somaya Reece, Esther Baxter and Yaris Sanchez.
10. He starred in the VH1 show Love & Hip Hop. This past season Joe proposed to Tahiry in Time Square, how romantic right? Well, she said no! Hahahaha. Sorry, I thought it was funny. I found the video.
11. In April, something awesome happened. Jay Z followed Joe Budden on Twitter. OH. MY. GOD.
12. If you don’t know anything about Budden, you need to know this. He was part of the group Slaughterhouse. It’s a group of rapper that are signed under Shady Records (Eminem’s record label). Members of the group are Budden, Cooked I, Joell Ortiz and Royce Da 5’9″. They released their first EP in 2011.
13. Budden spoke out about his use of the drug MDMA (Molly). He said that hip hop popularized the drug and his personal use of the drug when the police were involved. However, he said that it helped with sex. Ha!
14. It was rumored in 2009 that Budden and Trey Songz got in a fight over Tahiry. But Budden said it wasn’t true. Him and Songz are good friends! They even did a song together, “We Need To Roll.” Old school with new school!
15. In 2011, there was this HUGE drama between Budden and his ex-girlfriend Esther Baxter when he blasted her on a track. After the song released, Esther released pictures and an interview telling the world Budden abused her and caused her to have a miscarriage! Wow. Budden called into Hot 97 and said none of it was true. He even went the immature route by referring to Chris Brown’s abuse situation in the mix, sparking a response from Breezy.