By: Katie Mariquit [email protected]
As usual, the world is going ape shit because LeBron James is making another Decision. This past week he announced that he will be opting out of his Miami Heat contract, which naturally had people in a frenzy. This came after making a big scene for joining the Heat back in 2010. Remember? That obnoxious announcement titled “The Decision” that you probably were forced to watch by your brother or boyfriend. If you didn’t watch or hear about that, you most likely live under a rock. Well, the Heat just lost the 2014 NBA Finals against the San Antonia Spurs, and I’m thinking LeBron is a bit bitter.
But here you go! 15 Facts You (probably) Should Know About LeBron James
- Let’s start basic. He was born in Akron, Ohio and raised by his mother Gloria Marie James.
- His nickname is King James. That’s not pretentious at all.
- In 2003, The Cleveland Cavaliers drafted LeBron James in the first round of picks. He was only 19-years-old. A year later, he received Rookie of the Year, making him the youngest to receive the honor.
- Although he can be a real asshole on the court, he has a heart! In September 2013 he married his high school sweetheart, Savannah Brinson. They share two sons, LeBron James Jr. and Bryce Maximus James. How epic are these names?
- He played football in high school, and many say that if not for an injury before his senior year LeBron might have played for the NFL.
- Here’s a fun fact: LeBron shoots mostly right handed when he’s on the court. In actuality, the star is left-handed!
- He has participated in three Olympic games representing the United States in Athens, Beijing, and London. Although he didn’t get much playing time in Athens, he did in Beijing where the USA played undefeated (10-0).
- Why does King James wear the #6 jersey through and through his career? LeBron’s favorite player (after Michael Jordan) Julius Erving wore No 6 and both is children were born the 6th of October and June.
- If you Google “LeBron James” there are about a million articles saying that LeBron is joining so and so team. In fact, these people know absolutely nothing about the team he’s going to. So to me, LeBron just got a million times more obnoxious.
- LeBron James and Michael Jordan are the only two players in the NBA to win a regular season MVP, NBA Finals MVP, and an Olympic gold medal in the same year.
- APPARENTLY, LeBron James favorite subject in high school was Earth Science. Who would have known. He’s a secret nerd.
- He loves cereal! His favs are Fruity Pebbles, Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- The Bleacher Report wrote a list of people who made LeBron James the man he is today
- It’s always nice seeing celebrities reaching out to their fans, LeBron James even has the time to do it! Twitter is the best!
It’s been awhile since I’ve done this, so let’s go. Q & A for 15 mins. Starting now. GO
— LeBron James (@KingJames) October 19, 2013
- LeBron-ing on Urban Dictionary means “To choke under pressure at the times when it matters despite enormous potential.”